Our team of dedicated and talented teachers and support staff provide high quality curriculum programs to enable children to achieve personal success.
Children learn and teachers teach in engaging, supportive and challenging indoor and outdoor learning environments.
Children are actively involved in their own learning as they engage in individual, group and whole class activities.
The contemporary curriculum programs have a strong focus on
- Investigation and Inquiry
- Personalised Learning
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Additional curriculum focus areas offer a wide range of learning experiences including
- Science, Environment and Sustainability
- The Arts (Visual and Performing)
- Physical Education and Sport
- Good Living – pro-social skills, Bike Education, Traffic Safety, Drug and Sexual Health Education, FoodsmartCooking and Nutrition, Outdoor Education
- Spanish is the Languages other than English (LOTE) focus language
Additional programs & features
Our students are offered a diverse range of enriching and engaging extra curricular activities to promote interests, skills and experiences.
- Preps-developmental play-based early learning centre
- Multi-age Buddy groupings fostering pastoral care and relationships across all ages
- Interschool sports/house sports, swimming and PMP (perceptual motor program)
- Student performances and concerts
- Special participation days including Ride 2 School and Walk 2 School
- Clubs including Kidspower News, Kidspower Angels, Kidspower Performers, Kidspower Chain Gang and skills based sport sessions
- Excursions and incursions linked to curriculum focus areas
- Extensive Outdoor Education and Year 2-6 camps program
- Resource Smart Sustainable Schools program with water and energy efficiency programs, recycling and composting strategies, biodiversity projects such as vegetable and kitchen gardens, fruit trees, henhouse and frog pond.
- Extensive transition programs from Pre-prep to Year 6 and 7
- Breakfast Club for children and Community Café for adults